We give regular workshops for children in various gardens around the city including the Curious Finch garden in the Westerpark; the Kruidenpluktuin at the Eerste Weteringplantsoen; the Ketelmakerstraat Garden on Bickerseiland, and the Tugelatuin in the East of Amsterdam.
There is also an after school group in Berlin.
We create exciting curricula for children of all ages. Here are some of our most popular activities:
- making, sifting, and spreading compost in the garden
- harvesting greens and herbs and making pesto
- foraging for dandelions and making a syrup
- building fairy houses and other crafts out of materials found in the garden
- planting up little garden boxes to take home
- making seed balls with bee-friendly flower seeds
- visiting a bee hive and learning about how bees communicate and make honey
There are monthly children’s workshops from April – October at the Curious Finch garden in the Westerpark.
What could be more fun than digging around in the garden with a group of children? We organize birthday parties at our garden locations that include planting, harvesting, composting, treasure hunts, home-made herbal syrups, and of course a cake decorated with edible flowers! Send us an email if you’d like to brainstorm about the party of a lifetime!